Development of a Wireless Bridge Monitoring System With Energy Harvesting Modules
The paper presents the first results obtained in a research project started in 2009. Goal of the project is the development of a multi-sensor wireless bridge monitoring system with sensors that are supplied by energy harvesting modules. Parallel to the hardware development one group of our research team develops the software for the online data handling and evaluation. Our research team consists of four groups: Structural Engineering Group, Sensor Group, Wireless Group and Algorithm Group. Each group contributes to the project. Currently a standard monitoring system with external power supply is running on a pre-stressed concrete bridge. Vibrations, cracks, temperature, and moisture of the five span bridges are constantly monitored for at least one year. This system shall be replaced by the new system. The paper presents the concept of the energy harvesting modules and the online algorithms used to evaluate the measurements. The results obtained so far from the currently running monitoring system will also be presented.
KeywordsSettling Extractor Geophone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DIN 1076, Edition 1999–11, Engineering structures in connection with roads - inspection and testGoogle Scholar
- ESYS GmbH, http://www.esys.de/
- Aucoteam, http://www.aucoteam.de/
- Gesellschaft für angewandte Informatik, GfaI, http://www.gfai.de/
- A. Stienstra, P.W. Maxwell, A.S. Badger, Intrinsic noise in geophones, Presented at the 55th Meeting ofthe EAEG, Stavanger, June 1993Google Scholar
- Tina Design Suite, Analog, Digital, Symbolic, RF, VHDL, MCU and Mixed-Mode Circuit Simulation &PCB Design, http://www.tina.com
- Sensor Netherlands, http://www.geophone.com/index.asp
- L-4 Geophone Seismometer from Mark Product sold by Sercel Inc., http://www.sercel.com
- Artemis Extractor, http://www.svibs.com/
- OptiSlang, http://www.dynardo.de/
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft industrieller Forschungsvereinigungen "Otto von Guericke" e.V.(AiF)http://www.aif.de