Very-High Frequency Ultrasonic Imaging and Spectral Assays of the Eye
During the past several years, focused ultrasonic transducers operating at center frequencies near 50 MHz have become available for pulse-echo imaging.1 The large bandwidths (e.g., 30 MHz) and narrow beamwidths (e.g., 75 urn) afforded by these transducers have greatly increased the resolution attainable for examining superficial segments of the body.
KeywordsAttenuation Fluoride Retina Autocorrelation Glaucoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.C.J. Pavlin, M.D. Shearer, and F.S. Foster, Subsurface ultrasound microscopic imaging of the intact eye, Ophthalmology. 97:244:250(1990).Google Scholar
- 3.F.L. Lizzi, M.C. Rorke, J.B. Sokil-Melgar, A. Kalisz, and J. Driller, Interfacing very-high-frequency transducers to digital-acquisition scanning systems, Proc. of the Society for Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineering (SPIE). 1844, 313–321 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.D.Z. Reinstein, I.M. Aslanides, R.H. Silverman, P.A. Asbell, and D.J. Coleman, High-frequency ultrasound corneal pachymetry in the assessment of corneal scars for therapeutic planning. The CLAO Journal. 20:198–203(1994).Google Scholar
- 7.D.Z. Reinstein, R.H. Silverman, S.L. Trokel, and D.J. Coleman, Corneal pachymetric topography, Ophthalmology. 101:432–438(1994).Google Scholar
- 8.R.H. Silverman, M.J. Rondeau, F.L. Lizzi, and D.J. Coleman, Three-dimensional high-frequency ultrasonic parameter imaging of anterior segment pathology, Ophthalmology. 102: 837–843(1995).Google Scholar
- 10.N. Allemann, R.H. Silverman, D.Z. Reinstein, and D.J. Coleman, High-frequency ultrasound imaging and spectral analysis in traumatic hyphema, Ophthalmology. 100:1351–7 ( 1993).Google Scholar
- 11.F.L. Lizzi, M. Astor, A. Kalisz, T. Liu, D.J. Coleman, R.H. Silverman, R. Ursea, and M. Rondeau, Ultrasonic spectrum analysis of different scatterer morphologies; theory and very high frequency clinical results, Proc. 1996 Ultrasonics Symp. pp. 1155–1159. Inst. of Electric and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway,(1997).Google Scholar