Reducing the Number of Incomparabilities
Part of the Environmental and Ecological Statistics book series (ENES)
In Chapter 6, we have shown as to how we can obtain simpler Hasse diagrams from messy ones. We transformed the data matrix so that incomparabilities or comparabilities disappear because objects become equivalent.
KeywordsPartial Order Data Matrix Linear Order Weighting Scheme Linear Extension
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Bruggemann, R., Restrepo, G. and Voigt, K. (2008). Towards a new and advanced partial order program: PyHasse. In J. Owsinski and R. Bruggemann (Eds.), Multicriteria ordering and ranking: Partial orders, ambiguities and applied issues (pp. 11–33). Warsaw: Systems Research Institute Polish Academy of Sciences.Google Scholar
- Carlsen, L. and Bruggemann, R. (2009). Partial order ranking as a tool in environmental impact assessment. PAH and PCB pollution of the river main as an illustrative example. In G.T. Halley and Y.T. Fridian (Eds.), Environmental impact assessment (pp. 335–354). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.Google Scholar
- OECD (Nardo, M., et al.). (2008). Handbook on constructing composite indicators – methodology and user guide (pp. 1–158). Ispra: OECD.Google Scholar
- Patil, G.P. (2005). Cross-disciplinary class room notes. Center for Statistical Ecology and Environmental Statistics, Penn State University.Google Scholar
- Simon, U., Brüggemann, R., Behrendt, H., Shulenberger, E. and Pudenz, S. (2006). METEOR: A step-by-step procedure to explore effects of indicator aggregation in multi criteria decision aiding – Application to water management in Berlin, Germany. Acta Hydrochim. Hydrobiol., 34, 126–136.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Simon, U., Bruggemann, R., Mey, S. and Pudenz, S. (2005). METEOR – Application of a decision support tool based on discrete mathematics. Match – Commun. Math. Comput. Chem., 54(3), 623–642.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011