Planning Approach for Dimensioning of Automated Traffic Areas at Seaport Container Terminals
In this article the quayside activities and layout of a modern container terminal are contemplated. The investigation particularly includes a comparison of two different automated operations systems regarding their space requirements: on the one hand, the AGV system which is in use at the Container Terminal Altenwerder in Hamburg and on the other hand, the automated SC system field tested at the Container Terminal on Fishermans Island in Brisbane. Both alternatives are used in combination with semi-automated cranes at quay wall and rail-mounted ASCs within the yard area. Main analysis objects are the quay wall with the container cranes as well as the traffic area between these cranes and the container yard. In addition, the operational functions of both systems and the dimensioning of their quayside traffic areas are illustrated.
KeywordsContainer Terminal Automate Guide Vehicle Quay Crane Horizontal Transport Transport Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CTA1 [HHLA Container Terminal Altenwerder GmbH] (2010) Altenwerder (CTA). http://www.hhla.de/Altenwerder-CTA.64.0.html?&L=bahdawfnhq%3Fprint%3D1%3Fprint%3D1%3Fprint%3D1%3Fprint%3D1, accessed: September 23, 2010
- CTA2 [HHLA Container Terminal Altenwerder GmbH] (2010) Technische Daten Altenwerder. http://www.hhla.de/Technische-Daten.655.0.html, accessed: September 23, 2010
- ECT (2010) Europe Container Terminals – ECT Delta Terminal. http://www.ect.nl/frames.asp?currenttemCode=2_1_1&newwindow=0&subNav=true¤tServiceID=null¤tPageID=22, accessed: August 22, 2010
- Huege J (2008) E-AGV Automated Guided Vehicle. Technische Spezifikation (CT 60-E), Gottwald Port Technology, DüsseldorfGoogle Scholar
- KALP (2010) KALP – Opportunities and Solutions Through Innovation. http://www.kalp-gmbh.eu/, accessed: September 22, 2010
- Markwardt U (2004) Modellierung modularer Materialfluss-Systeme mit Hilfe von künstlichen neuronalen Netzen. PhD Thesis, Technische Universit¨at Dresden, DresdenGoogle Scholar
- Noell (2010) Noell Mobile Systems – Carrying Values. http://www.noellmobilesystems.com/en/download-brochures.145.html, accessed: September 29, 2010
- Patrick (2010) Patrick Corporation Limited – Fishermans Island. http://www.patrick.com.au/index.php?id=106, accessed: August 22, 2010