Strain rate-dependent and temperature- dependent compressive properties of 2DCf/SiC Composite
Effects of strain rate and temperature on dynamic behaviors of 2DCf/SiC composite were investigated by improved Split Hopkinson Pressure Bars (SHPB) using pulse shaper. Results show that the shape of incident wave changes from rectangle to triangle after using pulse shaper in SHPB testing. The dynamic compressive strength of the composite increases with strain rate increasing from 500s–1 to 1700s–1, while shows decreasing tendency with strain rate rising from 1700s–1 to 2750s–1, indicating a maximum dynamic strength at strain rate of about 1700s–1. The 2DCf/SiC composite exhibits higher strength and better ductility at elevated temperature in the range of 460°C~500°C compared with that at room temperature.
KeywordsCf/SiC composite SHPB stain-rate sensitivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Q.S. Ma, Z.H. Chen, W.W. Zheng, H.F. Hu, Processing and characterization of three-dimensional carbon fiber- reinforced Si-O-C composites via precursor pyrolysis[J], Mater. Sci. Eng. A352 (1/2) (2003) 212–216.Google Scholar
- 4.Z.F. Xie, Z.H. Chen, J.Y. Xiao, Application of active filler in preparation of fiber reinforced ceramic matrix composites by polymer-infiltration-pyrolysis II - Preparation and performance test of composites[J], Acta Mater. Compos. Sin, (China),. 20( 2003) 27-32.Google Scholar
- 8.J. S. Lee*, T. Yano, Fabrication of short-fiber-reinforced SiC composites by polycarbosilane infiltration[J], J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 24 (2004) 25–31.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Gomez-del Rıo, E. Barbero, R. Zaera, C. Navarro, Dynamic tensile behaviour at low temperature of CFRP using a split Hopkinson pressure bar[J], Compos. Sci. Technol.65 (2005) 61–72.Google Scholar
- 12.Frew D.J, Forrestal M.J, W. Chen, Pulse Shaping Techniques for Testing Brittle Materials with a Split Hopkinson Pressure Bar[J] Exp. Mech., 2002; 42(1):93-106.Google Scholar