Methods and National Intellectual Capital Ranking of 40 Countries
As mentioned in the previous two chapters, the intellectual capital of a nation requires a comprehensive system of variables to help uncover and manage that nation’s invisible wealth; yet, measurement models of past studies have constraints for an on-going cross-country national intellectual capital (IC) comparison of a relatively large scale. This book proposes a moderate set of national intellectual capital indicators that is validated and can be easily replicated for follow-up trend analysis.
KeywordsHuman Capital Market Capital Intellectual Capital Financial Capital Purchase Power Parity
- Australia Department of Industry, Science and Resource Branch. 2000. Available at:http://www.innovation.gov.au/Documents/NEBTowardsKBEsummary.doc.
- Commission of European Community. 2000. Available at: http://www.ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/publications/publication1716_en.pdf.
- Malhotra, Y. 2000c. Knowledge assets in the global economy: Assessment of national intellectual capital. Journal of Global Information Management 8(3): 5–15.Google Scholar
- Malhotra, Y. 2002. Knowledge assets in the global economy: Assessment of national intellectual capital. In Advanced topics in global information management, ed. F. Tan, 329–345. Hershey, PA: Idea Group.Google Scholar
- Malhotra, Y. 2003. Managing and measuring knowledge assets in the public sector. Working paper, Syracuse University.Google Scholar
- OECD. 2000. International science and technology co-operation: Towards sustainable development. Proceedings of the OECD Seoul conference. Paris: OECD.Google Scholar
- Pomeda, J.R., C.M. Moreno, C.M. Rivera, and L.V. Martil. 2002. Towards an intellectual capital report of Madrid: New insights and developments. Presented at “The transparent enterprise. The value of intangibles”, Nov. 25–26, 2002, Madrid, Spain.Google Scholar
- Singapore Department of Trade and Industry. 2001. Available at: http://app.mti.gov.sg/data/pages/507/doc/ERC_HUM_MainRepor.
- UK Department of Trade and Industry. 2000. Available at: http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file11034.pdf.
- US Department of Commerce. 2000. Available at: http://www.eda.gov/ImageCache/EDAPublic/documents/pdfdocs/0g3lr_5f6_5fjarboe_2epdf/v1/1g3lr_5f6.