ASTER and MODIS Land Data Management at the Land Processes, and National Snow and Ice Data Centers
Chapters 4 and 5 provide a variety of examples of how ASTER and MODIS land science applications are predicated on the availability of consistent and quality data. This chapter portrays a narrative of how those data come to exist at two different data centers, which manage them.
KeywordsDigital Elevation Model File Transfer Protocol Metadata File Aster Data World Data Center
- Data Management Association (2008) http://www.dama.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1 Accessed 4 July 2009
- Esfandiari M, Ramapriyan H, Behnke J, Sofinowski E (2006) Evolution of the earth observing system (EOS) data and information system (EOSDIS). IEEE Int Geosci Remote Sensing Symp 309–312Google Scholar
- Lutz R, Roy DP, Leff C, Lewicki S, Geier E, Ziskin D, Kilpatrick K, Chu A (2000) A review of EOS terra quality assessment. IEEE Int Geosci Remote Sensing Symp 5:2092–2095Google Scholar
- National Research Council (1998) Review of NASA’s distributed active archive centers. National Academy, Washington, DC, p 233Google Scholar
- Nebula (2009) http://nebula.nasa.gov/ Accessed 4 July 2009