Multimedia and Video Analysis for Sports
Sports information and footage are quickly becoming increasingly available in digital form. Using many of the tools previously outfitted for textual searching, video and multimedia searching and retrieval is becoming more commonplace in sports. Automated methods to watch and listen to games are being used to parse video and render it in searchable form.
- Bialik, C. 2007. Tracking How Far Soccer Players Run. The Wall Street Journal.Google Scholar
- blinkx.com 2009. Blinkx Brings Users Courtside with Sports Video ootage from FoxSports.com on MSN. Retrieved Nov 4, 2009, from http://www.blinkx.com/article/blinkx-brings-users-courtside-sports-video-footage-foxsports∼1031.Google Scholar
- Chen, H.-S. & H.-T. Chen, et al. 2007. Pitch by Pitch Extraction from Single View Baseball Video Sequences. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, Beijing, China.Google Scholar
- Chen, S.-C. & M.-L. Shyu, et al. 2005. An Enhanced Query Model for Soccer Video Retrieval Using Temporal Relationships. International Conference on Data Engineering, Tokyo, Japan.Google Scholar
- Chu, W.-T. & C.-W. Wang, et al. 2006. Extraction of Baseball Trajectory and Physics-Based Validation for Single-View Baseball. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, Toronto, Ontario.Google Scholar
- Clipta.com 2009. About Us. Retrieved Nov 4, 2009, from http://www.clipta.com/about.
- Ding, Y. & G. Fan 2007. Segmental Hidden Markov Models for View-based Sport Video Analysis. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Minneapolis, MN.Google Scholar
- Lewis, M. 2003. Moneyball. W.W. Norton & Company, New York.Google Scholar
- Moore, G. 2009. Bluefin Lab’sSoftware to Scan Sports Video. Retrieved Nov 4, 2009, from http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2009/10/05/daily15-Bluefin-Labs-software-to-scan-sports-video.html.
- Ortiz, J. L. 2007. MLB’s Online Venture is Big Hit. USA Today.Google Scholar
- Roach, M. & J. Mason, et al. 2001. Video Genre Classification Using Dynamics. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Salt Lake City, UT.Google Scholar
- Roach, M. & J. Mason, et al. 2002. Recent Trends in Video Analysis: A Taxonomy of Video Classification Problems. International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, Kauai, Hawaii.Google Scholar
- Sandoval, G. 2006. A Video Slam Dunk for the NBA. Retrieved Jan 30, 2008, from http://www.news.com/A-video-slam-dunk-for-the-NBA/2100-1008_3-6034908.html.
- SportsVHL.com 2009. SportsVHL – Show What Ya Got! Retrieved Nov 4, 2009, from http://www.sportsvhl.com/.
- Takagi, S. & S. Hattori, et al. 2003. Sports Video Categorizing Method Using Camera Motion Parameters. International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, Baltimore, MD.Google Scholar
- TRACAB 2007. TRACAB in Champions League. Retrieved April 4, 2008, from http://www.tracab.com/news.asp?id=25.
- Truong, B. T. & C. Dorai 2000. Automatic Genre Identification for Content-Based Video Categorization. International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Barcelona, Spain.Google Scholar
- truveo.com 2009. Truveo Video Search. Retrieved Nov 4, 2009, from http://www.truveo.com/category/Sports#category%3A%22sports%22.
- Yow, D. & B.-L. Yeo, et al. 1995. Analysis and Presentation of Soccer Highlights from Digital Video. Asian Conference on Computer Vision, Singapore.Google Scholar