How is it that sports and gambling co-exist so easily together, yet can cause so many problems? We explore the relationship between sports and gambling from a historical perspective and describe the ways that some organizations are trying to keep a safe distance between the two.
- Biehl, J. 2005. Is German Soccer Rigged? Der Spiegel. Berlin, Germany.Google Scholar
- Casino City Times 2009. Possible Gambling Scandal in Colombian Soccer. Retrieved Nov 21, 2009, from http://www.casinocitytimes.com/news/article/possible-gambling-scandal-in-colombian-soccer-178406.
- China Daily 2009. CFA Staf Probed for Soccer Scandals. People’s Daily Online. Beijing, China.Google Scholar
- Delaney, S. 2006. Scandal Hits Italian Soccer on Eve of the World Cup. The Washington Post. Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Hughes, R. & E. Pfanner 2009. Raids Expose Soccer ixing Across Europe. The New York Times. New York, NY: A1.Google Scholar
- McCarthy, M. & A. Perez 2009. Pro Leagues, NCAA Resist Push by States to Legalize Betting. USA Today.Google Scholar
- Merron, J. 2006. Biggest Sports Gambling Scandals. Retrieved Nov 21, 2009, from http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=merron/060207.