Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, DE Grid Support Beyond the Project Life Cycle
In a worldwide distributed Grid project such as EGEE (Enabling Grids for E-sciencE) it is one of the challenging tasks to build and maintain a reliable user support infrastructure. During the last years the GGUS (Global Grid User Support) system has been developed as EGEE’s answer to that challenge. GGUS is designed as a distributed infrastructure with central coordination. With a growing number of users and support staff, the technical and procedural scalability becomes a major issue. Interoperability with other grid initiatives is vital for the sustainability of the system, especially in the light of the transition from EGEE to EGI. A number of new features have been implemented to streamline the support workflow and prepare the support infrastructure for a mostly distributed operations environment. These features and the processes they support will be presented and an outlook will be given on grid user support after the end of EGEE.
KeywordsResource Centre Virtual Organization Line Support Support Unit User Support
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GGUS web site: http://ggus.org
- 2.Web site of the EGEE-III project: http://www.eu-egee.org
- 3.Web site of the WLCG project: http://lcg.web.cern.ch/LCG/
- 4.Web site of the EGI project: http://web.eu-egi.eu/
- 6.Description of Work (DoW) document extract, page 103 ff. Approved by the EC on 15.05.08.: https://edms.cern.ch/file/886385/4/
- 7.User Support meeting index with supporting documentation linked: http://indico.cern.ch/categoryDisplay.py?categId=355
- 8.User Support Status assessment: https://edms.cern.ch/document/951913
- 9.GGUS Shopping List in savannah: https://savannah.cern.ch/projects/esc/
- 10.GGUS Release notes: https://gus.fzk.de/pages/owl.php
- 12.Web site of the EGEE GOCDB: https://goc.gridops.org/