This chapter contains a collection of useful mathematical concepts and tools, which are useful, directly or indirectly, for the subsequent development to be covered in the main portion of the book. While much of the material is standard and can be found in classical textbooks, we also present a number of useful items that are not commonly found elsewhere. Essentially, this chapter serves as a brief overview and as a convenient reference when necessary.
KeywordsHybrid System Singular Value Decomposition Null Space Switching Sequence Switch Linear System
- 46.DeCarlo, R. A., Linear Systems, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1989.Google Scholar
- 359.Antsaklis, P. J., (Editor), Special Issue on Hybrid Systems, Proc. IEEE, vol. 88, 2000.Google Scholar
- 358.Morse, A. S., C. C. Pantelides, S. S. Sastry, J. M. Schumacher (Editors), Special Issue on Hybrid Systems, Automatica, vol. 34, 1999.Google Scholar
- 443.Zhou, K. and J. C. Doyle, Essentials of Robust Control, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1998.Google Scholar
- 357.Antsaklis, P. J. and M. Lemon (Editors), Special Issue on Hybrid Systems, IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., vol. AC-43, 1998.Google Scholar
- 331.Pettersson, S. and B. Lennartson, Controller Design of Hybrid Systems, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1201, Springer, Berlin, 1997, pp. 240–254.Google Scholar