Recent Developments and Applications from the OECD Toolbox
The most recent estimates (up to and including 2007) of the level and composition of support to agriculture in OECD countries and an update on recent changes in method and classification are presented. Results from a recent study on land issues and two recent country studies (Mexico and Korea) are used to illustrate how this support data, when combined with the PEM (Policy Evaluation Model), can shed light on the distributional and economic effects of the policies being measured. The emphasis is on the effects of agricultural policy reform, particularly of more decoupled policies, on welfare and on income transfer efficiency.
KeywordsAgricultural Policy Rental Rate Land Market Policy Transfer Deadweight Loss
- Gardner, B. (1987), The Economics of Agricultural Policies, Macmillan, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- OECD. (2001), Market Effects of Crop Support Policies, OECD, Paris.Google Scholar
- OECD. (2006), Agricultural and Fisheries Policies in Mexico, OECD, Paris.Google Scholar
- OECD. (2008a), Agricultural Support, Farm Land Values and Sectoral Adjustment, OECD, Paris.Google Scholar
- OECD. (2008b), Evaluation of Agricultural Policy Reforms in Korea, OECD, Paris.Google Scholar