Optimization Problems Constrained by Complementarity and Other Optimization Problems
This chapter provides a friendly introduction to the analysis of optimization problems constrained by complementarity and other optimization problems. These problems are also known as bilevel problems , and the field of study to which they belong, hierarchical optimization. Throughout this chapter, we refer to them using the acronym OPcOPs, Optimization Problems constrained by other Optimization Problems, which explicitly indicates a hierarchy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.P. Bertsekas. Nonlinear Programming. Athena Scientific, Belmont, Massachusetts, second edition, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Colson, P. Marcotte, and G. Savard. Bilevel programming: A survey. 4OR, 3(2):87–108, June 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.A.J. Conejo, E. Castillo, R. Mínguez, and R. García Bertrand. Decomposition Techniques in Mathematical Programming. Engineering and Science Applications. Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2006.Google Scholar
- 5.CPLEX. GAMS. The Solver Manuals. GAMS/CPLEX, 2010. Available at www.gams.com.
- 6.A.S. Drud. GAMS. The Solver Manuals. GAMS/CONOPT. ARKI Consulting and Development, Bagsvaerdvej 246A, DK-2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark, 2010. Available at www.gams.com.
- 7.F. Facchinei and C. Kanzow. Generalized Nash equilibrium problems. 4OR, 5(3):173–210, September 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Fortuny-Amat and B. McCarl. A representation and economic interpretation of a two-level programming problem. The Journal of the Operational Research Society, 32(9):783–792, September 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.P.E. Gill, W. Murray, M.A. Saunders, and A. Drud. GAMS. The Solver Manuals. GAMS/SNOPT, 2010. Available at www.gams.com.
- 11.D.G. Luenberger and Y. Ye. Linear and Nonlinear Programming. Springer, New York, third edition, 2008.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Mas-Colell, M.D. Whinston, and J.R. Green. Microeconomic Theory. Oxford University Press, New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- 18.S. Siddiqui and S.A. Gabriel. An SOS1-based approach for solving MPECs with a natural gas market application, accepted at Networks and Spatial Economics, May 2012.Google Scholar