In the previous chapters, we have learned about the very basic building blocks for constructing an electronic circuit—resistors, diodes, and transistors. In this chapter, we will learn how these basic components can be used as transducers to sense physical variables (or physical sensors).
KeywordsTemperature Sensor Voltage Drop Reverse Bias Junction Temperature Hart Equation
- Michalski L, Eckersdorf K, Kucharski J, McGhee J (2001) Temperature measurement, 2nd edn. Wiley, HobokenGoogle Scholar
- Pertijs M, Huijsing J (2006) Precision temperature sensors in CMOS technology, 1st edn. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Pollock D (1991) Thermocouples: theory and properties, 1st edn. CRC, Boca RatonGoogle Scholar
- Ristic L (ed) (1994) Sensor technology and devices. Artech House, NorwoodGoogle Scholar
- Webster J (1998) The measurement, instrumentation and sensors handbook, 1st edn. CRC, Boca RatonGoogle Scholar