The Saudi Capital Market
The role of capital markets in economic development has increasingly been emphasized as an important tool of financial intermediation. Saudi Arabia has been endowed with enormous wealth, gained in a short period of time. An efficient capital market structure could help in recycling capital surpluses, especially those held by the private sector. There is no doubt that Saudi Arabia possesses such capital surplus.
KeywordsStock Market Corporate Governance Capital Market Saudi Arabia Mutual Fund
- Abdeen, Adnan and Shook, Dale. “The Saudi Financial System in the Context of Western and Islamic Finance”. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 1984.Google Scholar
- Ackert, Lucy, Bryan, C. and Deaves, R. “Emotion and Financial Markets”. Economic Review. Second Quarter, 88, p.33, 2003Google Scholar
- Azzam, H. “The Emerging Arab Capital Markets”. New York, NY: Kegan Paul International, 1997a.Google Scholar
- Azzam, H. “The Arab World: Facing the Challenges of the New Millennium”. IB Tauris, London, 2002.Google Scholar
- Bolbol, A. and Omran, M. “Arab Stock Markets and Capital Investment”. Arab Monetary Fund Papers. No. 8, Feb. 2004.Google Scholar
- CMA. “Annual Report 2008”, Capital Market Authority, Riyadh, http://www.cma.gov.sa.
- Cordesman, A.H. “Saudi Arabia Enters the 21st Century”. New York, NY: Praeger, 2003.Google Scholar
- Dukhayil, Abdulaziz, A, Al. “Higher Education Outputs and their Compatibility with Future Development Requirements in the Kingdom”. KFUPM. Future Vision of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, Oct. 2002.Google Scholar
- Dukheil, Abdulaziz, M, Al. “The Banking System and its Performance in Saudi Arabia”. London: Saqi Books, 1995.Google Scholar
- Najjar, Baquer Salman, Al. “Population Policies in the Countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council”. New York, NY: St. Martin’s Press Inc, 1998.Google Scholar
- Nashashibi, Hikmat, “The Role of Arab Capital Markets in Investing the Financial Surpluses”, Middle East Banking Finance. Arab Press Service, Vol. 3, pp. 195–208, 1983.Google Scholar
- Riyad Capital. “Economic Briefing Riyad Bank”, Jan. 10, 2010.Google Scholar