The chapter introduces the topical focus and aims of the book. The book’s practical, experience driven outlook onto the domain of embedded wireless networked sensing systems is justified and the potential gains for the reader are highlighted. The authors promote the adoption of a deployment based, experiential research approach as key to the successful development of new wireless sensing applications. By providing a map of the practical design and deployment problems treated in various chapters, the introduction aids the reader identify at a glance where the issues most related to their current work are discussed within the book.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bulusu N, Jha S (2005) Wireless Sensor Networks: A Systems Perspective. Artech House, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 2.Holger K, Willig A (2005) Protocols and Architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Langendoen K, Baggio A, Visser O (2006) Murphy Loves Potatoes: Experiences from a Pilot Sensor Network Deployment in Precision Agriculture. In: IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS ’06)Google Scholar
- 4.Pottie GJ, Kaiser WJ (2005) Principles of Embedded Networked Systems Design. Cambridge University Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 5.Zhao F, Guibas L (2004) Wireless Sensor Networks: An Information Processing Approach. Morgan Kaufmann, MAGoogle Scholar