Multiple retrospective studies have demonstrated the value of PET/CT imaging in the various stages of breast neoplasms. Currently. PET/CT evaluation is not covered by National Oncologic PET Registry (NOPR) for Initial treatment plan/ evaluation. It is covered for subsequent treatment strategy evaluations which include treatment monitoring, restaging and detection of suspected recurrence.
KeywordsLeft Breast Soft Tissue Density DLBCL Patient Diffuse Large Cell Lymphoma Primary Breast Lymphoma
- 2.Ductal carcinoma in situ. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/breast/healthprofessional/page4.
- 9.Diagnosis of breast cancer metastasis with PET/CT in patients with elevation of tumor markers. http://www.asco.org/ASCOv2/Meetings/Abstracts?%26vmview=abst_detail_view&confID=100%26abstractID=60273.
- 13.Cancer staging poster series. http://www.cancerstaging.org/staging/index.html.
- 14.Male breast cancer. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/malebreast/Patient/page5.
- 15.Radiation protection of patients. https://rpop.iaea.org/RPOP/RPoP/Content/InformationFor/HealthProfessionals/6_OtherClinicalSpecialities/PETCTscan.htm#PETCT_FAQ08.