Decentralized Output Feedback Guaranteed Cost Control of Uncertain Markovian Jump Large-Scale Systems: Local Mode Dependent Control Approach
Large-scale systems provide a mathematical model to represent dynamic systems that have a complex structure and high dimensions. Many physical systems, such as power systems , can be modeled as large-scale systems. In a large-scale system setting, one often lacks the system information that is necessary to implement a centralized controller design, or the complexity of a centralized design and cost of implementing centralized controllers is prohibitive. In such cases, decentralized controllers that only use locally available subsystem information provide a viable alternative to centralized solutions. In many practical problems involving large-scale systems, the decentralized control technique can effectively deal with such issues as information structure constraints, large dimensions and a broad range of uncertainties. However, the design of decentralized controllers is challenging for at least two reasons. Firstly, not all the system information is available to the controllers. Secondly, the dynamics of each subsystem in the large-scale system are affected by other subsystems  via the interconnections; in many situations the effect of those interconnections is essentially uncertain.
KeywordsOperation Mode Linear Matrix Inequality Output Feedback Global Mode Output Feedback Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Löfberg, J.: YALMIP : A toolbox for modeling and optimization in MATLAB. In: Proceedings of the CACSD Conference (2004). http://control.ee.ethz.ch/~joloef/yalmip.php
- 10.Mariton, M.: Jump Linear Systems in Automatic Control. Marcel Dekker, New York (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Orsi, R.: LMIRank: software for rank constrained LMI problems (2005). http://users.rsise.anu.edu.au/~robert/lmirank/
- 13.Pan, Z., Başar, T.: H ∞-control of Markovian jump systems and solutions to associated piecewise-deterministic differential games. In: G.J. Olsder (ed.) New Trends in Dynamic Games and Applications, pp. 61–94. Birkhäuser, Basel (1995)Google Scholar
- 17.Sturm, J.F.: Using SeDuMi 1.02, a MATLAB toolbox for optimization over symmetric cones. Optimization Methods and Software 11–12, 625–653 (1999). http://sedumi.mcmaster.ca/
- 20.Xiong, J., Ugrinovskii, V.A., Petersen, I.R.: Local mode dependent decentralized control of uncertain Markovian jump large-scale systems. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 4345–4350 (2008) (also in IEEE-TAC 54(11))Google Scholar