Robust Control of Large-Scale Systems: Efficient Selection of Inputs and Outputs
There has been a growing interest in recent years in robust control of systems with parametric uncertainty [4,9,13,16,18]. The dynamic behavior of this type of systems is typically governed by a set of differential equations whose coefficients belong to fairly-known uncertainty regions. Although there are several methods to capture the uncertain nature of a real-world system (e.g., by modeling it as a structured or unstructured uncertainty ), it turns out that the most realistic means of describing uncertainty is to parameterize it and then specify its domain of variation.
KeywordsRobust Stability Uncertain System Matrix Polynomial Uncertainty Region Gramian Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bliman, P. A., Oliveira, R. C. L. F., Montagner, V. F., Peres, P. L. D.: Existence of homogeneous polynomial solutions for parameter-dependent linear matrix inequalities with parameters in the simplex. Proceedings of 45th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. San Diego, USA. 1486–1491 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Dullerud, G. E., Paganini, F.: A course in robust control theory: a convex approach. Texts in Applied Mathematics, Springer, Berlin (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Lofberg, J.: A toolbox for modeling and optimization in MATLAB. Proc. of the CACSD Conference. Taipei, Taiwan (2004) Available via http://control.ee.ethz.ch/~joloef/yalmip.php
- 15.Prajna, S., Papachristodoulou, A., Seiler, P., Parrilo, P. A.: SOSTOOLS sum of squares optimization toolbox for MATLAB. Users guide (2004) Available via http://www.cds.caltech.edu/sostools
- 19.Parrilo, P. A.: Structured semidefinite programs and semialgebraic geometry methods in robustness and optimization. Ph.D. dissertation, California Institute of Technology (2000)Google Scholar
- 24.Siljak, D. D.: Decentralized control of complex systems. Academic, Cambridge (1991)Google Scholar
- 25.Sojoudi, S., Aghdam, A. G.: Characterizing all classes of LTI stabilizing structurally constrained controllers by means of combinatorics. Proceedings 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. New Orleans, USA, 4415–4420 (2007)Google Scholar