Distributed Control Methods for Structured Large-Scale Systems
The development of efficient and tractable distributed control design procedures for large-scale systems has been an active area of research in the past three decades [1, 2]. The growing number of applications where such solutions offer increased functionality, flexibility or efficiency has spawned a renewed interest in this topic. The main challenges lie in the computational cost and complexity of efficient controller design and implementation. For a thorough overview of distributed and decentralized control research, see , and the introduction to .
KeywordsRiccati Equation Optimal Controller Rational Symbol Pattern Matrix Sign Iteration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Jeremy G. VanAntwerp, Andrew P. Featherstone, and Richard D. Braatz. Robust cross-directional control of large scale sheet and film processes. J. Process Contr., 11:149–177, 2001Google Scholar
- 8.E. W. Kamen. Multidimensional systems Theory: Stabilization of Linear Spatially-Distributed Continuous-Time and Discrete-Time Systems, pages 101–146 Norwell, MA: Kluwer, 1985Google Scholar
- 11.Rufus Fraanje. Private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 12.A. Böttcher and B. Silberman. Introduction to Large Truncated Toeplitz Matrices. Springer, Berlin, 1991Google Scholar
- 13.I. Gohberg, S. Goldberg, and M. Kaashoek. Classes of Linear Operators Vol. II. Birkhauser, Basel, 1993Google Scholar
- 14.R. Curtain, O. Iftime, and H. Zwart. System theoretic properties of platoon-type systems. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 2008Google Scholar
- 17.J. Rice and M. Verhaegen. Distributed control of spatially invariant systems using fast iterative solutions to rationally parametric matrix problems. Proceedings of IEEE Conference Decision and Control, 2009Google Scholar
- 22.J. K. Rice and M. Verhaegen. Distributed control: A sequentially semi-separable approach. Proceedings of IEEE Conference Decision and Control, 2008Google Scholar
- 23.T. Kailath, A. H. Sayed, and B. Hassibi. Linear Estimation. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 2000Google Scholar
- 26.C. Scherer and S. Weiland. Linear matrix inequalities in control. Online, http://www.dcsc.tudelft.nl/˜cscherer/2416/lmi05.pdf,2005, Lecture notes
- 32.B. D. O. Andreson and J. B. Moore. Optimal Control: Linear Quadratic Methods. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1990Google Scholar