Dynamics of Wire-Driven Machine Mechanisms: Literature Review
The state-of-the art of the mechanical properties of wire ropes and the dynamics simulation of wire rope mechanisms is reviewed in this paper. A special emphasis is put on the tension dependent Young’s modulus and the damping of the wire rope in the part dealing with the mechanical properties. In the part discussing the dynamics simulation, the simplification of the complex system and the connection between the rope and the pulley are accentuated. There is plenty of literature on modeling the material properties and they can be predicted accurately. There is still room for new developments in the dynamics simulation of wire rope systems.
KeywordsSlip Angle Creep Model Wire Rope Pulley System Overhead Transmission Line
- 16.Keskinen E, Montonen J, Launis S, Cotsaftis M (1999) Simulation of wire and chain mechanism in hydraulic driven booms. Proceedings of the IASTED international conference applied modelling and simulation, Cairns, QLD, 1–3 September 1999Google Scholar
- 25.Verho A (2003) Katapulttimekanismin mallinnus ja simulointi (in Finnish). MSc Thesis, Tampere University of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 29.Otsuki M, Yoshida K, Nagakagi S, Nakagawa T, Fujimoto S, Kimura H (2004) Experimental examination of non-stationary robust vibration control for an elevator rope. Proc Inst Mech Eng I: J Syst Control Eng 218:531–544Google Scholar
- 30.Yanai N, Yamamoto M, Mohri A (2001) Feed-back control of crane based on inverse dynamics calculation. Proceeding of the 2001 IEEE/RSJ, international conference on intelligent robots and systems, Maui, Hi, October 29–November 3, 2001Google Scholar
- 33.Strzemiecki J, Hobbs RE (1988) Properties of wire rope under various fatigue loadings. CESLIC Report SC6, Civil Engineering Department, Imperial College, LondonGoogle Scholar