Medical Wisdom in the Twenty-First Century
This book is intended to help physicians achieve their full potential - to become wise physicians and to be able to apply wisdom in their daily practice - much like the doctor described above by LaCombe.
KeywordsLyme Disease Medical Knowledge Female Physician Chronic Lyme Disease Summum Bonum
- 2.AARP lists “top-ranked” US hospitals. Healthcare Finance News. Available at: http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/aarp-lists-top-ranked-us-hospitals/; Accessed April 2, 2009.
- 3.Long WB. Top Docs (letter). Portland Monthly, Feb 2009; page 20.Google Scholar
- 4.Sepkowitz K. A few good doctors: don’t look for them on a magazine top-10 list. Medical Examiner. Available at: Sepkowitz K. A few good doctors: http://www.slate.com/id/2143506/; Accessed March 14, 2009.
- 7.Fabing H, Marr R. Fischerisms: being a sheaf of sundry and diverse utterances culled from the lectures of Martin H. Fischer, professor of physiology in the University of Cincinnati. New York: Science Press; 1937.Google Scholar
- 9.Boorstin DJ. The Americans: the democratic experience. New York: Vintage Books; 1974; 548.Google Scholar
- 10.Facts about Family Medicine. Available at: http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/aboutus/specialty/facts/4.html/; Accessed April 1, 2009.
- 11.AAMC women in U.S. medicine: statistics and benchmarking report 2007–2008. Available at: http://www.aamc.org/members/wim/statistics/stats08/stats_report.pdf/; Accessed March 29, 2009.
- 13.Sterne L. The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman. Book V. 1759 [chapter 32] London: Becket and DeHondt, publishers.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010