Design and Application of GeoNet System for ABC Cooperative Environment
The Atmospheric Brown Cloud (ABC) project is an international research effort initiated by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). However, lack of cooperative application system for the collected ground measurement data from ABC observatories, prevents intimate cooperative studies among the researchers. In our proposal, therefore, we establish an e-Science based cooperative web environment called GeoNet(Global Earth Observation Network) so that ABC scientists can effectively share and utilize the ABC data. Therefore, ABC scientists can share and manage more effectively satellite images from various satellites and collected ground measurement data from ABC observatories through GeoNet.
KeywordsNormalize Difference Vegetation Index Aerosol Optical Depth United Nations Environment Program Mass Storage Satellite Image Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Choi. J.-C., M. Lee, Y. Chun, J. Kim, and S.-N. Oh : Chemical composition and source signature of spring aerosol in Seoul, Korea, J. Geophys. Res.- Atmosphere, 106, D16, 18,067–18,074(2001).Google Scholar
- 2.United Nations Environmental Programme(UNEP) : The Asian Brown Cloud : Climate and Other Environmental Impacts, pp. 1-7, http://www.rrcap.unep.org/abc/pub.cfm (2002)
- 3.Kim, J., S.-N. Oh, M.-K. Park, and K.-R., Kim : Background monitoring and long-range transport of atmospheric CFC-11 and CFC-12 at Kosan, Korea, Proceedings on The Third International Symposium on Advanced Environmental Monitoring, October 31-November 2, Cheju Island, Korea, 69–72(2002).Google Scholar
- 4.Jason Brittain and Ian Darwin : Tomcat: The Definitive Guide, O'Reilly (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Richard Blum: PostgreSQL 8 for Windows (Database Professional's Library), McGraw-Hill (2007)Google Scholar