Secret Key Agreement Techniques based on Multipath Propagation Characteristics
As information society progresses, wireless communications such as cellphone and WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) systems will become more widely and rapidly accepted as the means to communicate. Unfortunately, there are many perceived weaknesses inherent in the security of wireless communications– largely due to the fact that the signals are transmitted through the air and are easily captured by third parties. Examples of such threats are found in eavesdropping of transmitted data on a radio channel, illegal and/or unauthorized access to public WiFi networks, and so on. In fact, security for wireless systems has been recognized as a major technical challenge that needs to be addressed in order for wireless systems to be the basis for many future applications.
KeywordsMicrowave Radar Assure Peri
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Yamamoto, “Information theory of cryptology,” IEICE Transactions, vol. E74, pp. 2456–2464, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Imai, G. Hanaoka, J. Shikata, A. Otsuka, and A. C. Nascimento, “Cryptography with information theoretic security,” in Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE Information Theory Workshop, pp. 73, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.P. Tuyls, B. Skoric, and T. Kevenaar (editors), Security with noisy data — On private biometrics, secure key storage and anti-counterfeiting, Springer Verlag, 2007.Google Scholar
- 4.C. E. Shannon, “Communication theory of secrecy system,” Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 28, pp. 565–715, 1949.Google Scholar
- 7.C. H. Bennet and G. Brassard, “Quantum cryptography : Public key distribution and coin tossing,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer System and Signal Processing, pp. 174–179, 1984.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Kitaura, T. Sumi, K. Tachibana, H. Iwai, and H. Sasaoka, “A scheme of private key agreement based on delay profiles in the UWB system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Sarnoff Symposium 2006, 2006.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Kitaura, T. Sumi, T. Tango, H. Iwai, and H. Sasaoka, “A private key sharing scheme based on multipath time delay in UWB systems,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Communication Technology 2006 (ICCT’06), pp. 1–4, 2006.Google Scholar
- 15.T. Ohira, “ESPARSKI: Encryption scheme parasite array radiator secret key implementation,” in IEEE International Conference on Microwave Radar Wireless Communications (MIKON2006), pp. 1065–1070, 2006.Google Scholar
- 16.W. C. Jakes Jr., Microwave Mobile Communications, Piscataway, NJ: Wiley-IEEE Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- 17.Y. Karasawa and H. Iwai, “Modeling of spatial envelope correlation on line-of-sight fading with applications to frequency correlation analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 2201–2203, 1994.Google Scholar