Binary Electrodes Under Equilibrium or Near-Equilibrium Conditions
The theoretical basis for understanding and predicting the composition-dependence of the potentials, as well as the capacities, of both binary (two element) and ternary (three element) alloys has now been established. The relevant principles will be discussed for the case of binary systems in this chapter. Ternary systems will be treated in the next chapter.
KeywordsPhase Diagram Standard Gibbs Free Energy Guest Species Gibbs Phase Rule Standard Gibbs Free Energy Change
- 1.W. Weppner, and R.A. Huggins. In Proceedings of the Symposium on Electrode Materials and Processes for Energy Conversion and Storage, ed. by J.D.E. McIntyre, S. Srinivasan and F.G. Will. Electrochemical Society, Princeton, NJ (1977), p. 833Google Scholar
- 5.C.J. Wen. Ph.D. Dissertation. Chemical Diffusion in Lithium Alloys, Stanford University (1980)Google Scholar
- 8.M.L. Saboungi, et al. J. Electrochem. Soc. 126, 322 (1979)Google Scholar
- 11.J.P. Doench and R.A. Huggins. J. Electrochem. Soc. 129, 341C (1982)Google Scholar
- 13.F.D. Richardson and J.H.E. Jeffes. J. Iron Steel Inst. 160, 261 (1948)Google Scholar