Design of the Chip
This chapter presents the design of a test application that will utilize the circuit design methodologies described in Part II of this book. Sect. 14.2 discusses the criteria used to choose a test application and also an overviewof what basic building blocks are required for such an application. It also defines the design constraints that are to be taken into accountwhile designing a sub-threshold circuit. The architecture of the whole system and the details of the sub-blocks of the system are covered in Sect. 14.3. This chapter also outlines some special considerations and redundant features and failure-safe features that are built into the chip. The design of the chip is targeted for the TSMC  0.25_m process, which is a triple well CMOS process.
KeywordsPhase Accumulator Combinational Circuit Binary Input Spurious Free Dynamic Range Thermometer Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.HSPICE. www.synopsys.com/products/mixedsignal/hspice/hspice.html (2007)
- 2.Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. www.tsmc.com (2007)
- 3.Jayakumar, N., Garg, R., Gamache, B., Khatri, S.: A PLA based Asynchronous Micropipelining Approach for Subthreshold Circuit Design. In: Proc. Design Automation Conference, pp. 419–424 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Proakis, J.: Digital Communications. Boston, McGraw-Hill (2001). http://www.amazon.de/ exec/obidos/redirect?tag=citeulike01-21\&path=ASIN/0072321113
- 5.Xiong, F.: Digital Modulation Techniques, Second Edition (Artech House Telecommunications Library). Artech House, Inc., Norwood, MA (2006)Google Scholar