Backing-up Fuzzy Control of a Truck-trailer Equipped with a Kingpin Sliding Mechanism
For articulated vehicles met in robotics and transportation fields, even for an experienced operator, backing-up leads usually to jack-knifing. This paper presents a fuzzy logic controller for back-driving a truck-trailer vehicle into a predefined parking task. The truck-trailer link system is equipped with a kingpin sliding mechanism acting as an anti-jackknife excitation input. By applying fuzzy logic control techniques, precise system model is not required. The developed controller with thirty four rules works well as the presented simulation results demonstrate the avoidance of jack-knife and the accuracy of the backing-up technique.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Controller Fuzzy Logic Controller Steer Wheel Angle Develop Controller
- 2.Kiyuma A., Kinjo H., Nakazono K., Yamamoto T. Backward control of multitrailer systems using neurocontrollers evolved by a genetic algorithm. Proceedings 8th International Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics (2004); pp.9–13.Google Scholar
- 4.Park C.W., Kim B.S., Lee J., Digital stabilization of fuzzy systems with time-delay and its application to backing up control of a truck-trailer. International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, (2007), vol.9, pp.14–21.Google Scholar
- 5.Riid A., Ketola J., Rustern E., Fuzzy knowledge-based control for backing multi-trailer systems. Proceedings IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, (2007), pp.498–504.Google Scholar
- 6.Riid A., Rustern E. Fuzzy logic in control: Track backer-upper problem revisited. Proceedings 10th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (2001); vol.1: pp.513–516.Google Scholar
- 7.Yang X., Yuan J., Yu F. Backing up a truck and trailer using variable universe based fuzzy controller. Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (2006); pp. 734–739.Google Scholar