A Hybrid Technology for Operational Decision Support in Pervasive Environments
The paper addresses the issue of development of a technology for operational decision support in a pervasive environment. The technology is built around the idea of using Web-services for self-organization of heterogeneous resources of the environment for decision support purposes. The approach focuses on three types of resources to be organized: information, problem-solving, and acting. The final purpose of the resource self-organization is to form an ad-hoc collaborative environment, members of which cooperate with the aim to serve the current needs according to the decision situation. The hybrid technology proposed in the paper integrates technologies of ontology management, context management, constraint satisfaction, Web-services, and intelligent agents. The application of the technology is illustrated by response to a traffic accident.
KeywordsTraffic Accident Intelligent Agent Constraint Satisfaction Problem Pervasive Computing Decision Situation
- 1.Hao Q, Shen W, Wang L (2006) Collaborative Manufacturing Resource Scheduling Using Agent-Based Web Services, Int J Manuf Technol and Manag, 9(3/4):309–327.Google Scholar
- 2.Saremi A, Esmaeili M, Habibi J, Ghaffari A (2008) O2DSS: A Framework for Ontology-Based Decision Support Systems in Pervasive Computing Environment. Modeling & Simulation, Proceedings 2nd Asia International Conference (AICMS 08), 41–45.Google Scholar
- 4.Bandara A, Payne T, De Roure D et al (2008) A Pragmatic Approach for the Semantic Description and Matching of Pervasive Resources. Proceedings 3rd Int Conf on Grid and Pervasive Computing (GPC 2008). 434–446.Google Scholar
- 5.The PHP Group: “PHP” (2009). http://www.php.net. Accessed 15 January 2009
- 7.Burstein F, Zaslavsky A, Arora N (2005) Context-aware mobile agents for decision-making support in healthcare emergency applications. In: Bui T, Gachet A (eds). Proceedings Workshop on Contextual Modelling and Decision Support, Paris, France. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 144: http://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-144/07_burstein.pdf. Accessed 15 January 2009.
- 8.Self-optimisation and self-configuration in wireless networks (SOCRATES) (2008). ICT-2007.1.1 The network of the future. http://cordis.europa.eu/. Accessed 14 January 2009.
- 9.Ambient Networks Project (2006). IST-2004-2.4.5 Mobile and Wireless Systems and Platforms Beyond 3G. http://www.ambient-networks.org/. Accessed 14 January 2009.
- 10.Ejigu D, Scuturici M, Brunie L (2008) Hybrid Approach to Collaborative Context-Aware Service Platform for Pervasive Computing. J Computers. 16(1):40–50.Google Scholar
- 11.PLASTIC. http://www.ist-plastic.org/ (2008). Accessed 11 January 2009.