Sustainable Development in Lithuania
In 1992, the Baltic States, together with 175 other states, adopted the United Nation’s plan Agenda 21 that sets measures to be taken by the UN, governments, and other executive authorities to achieve a sustainable development of society and economy and to ensure the optimal use of the environmental resources.
KeywordsSustainable Development State Mission Environmental Impact Assessment Household Waste Sustainable Development Strategy
- 1.National Strategy for Sustainable Development. Approved by Resolution No.1160 of September 11, 2003 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, Vilnius, 2003, Internet access: http://www.am.lt/VI/en/VI/files/0.901665001073997792.pdf [viewed 2008 09 18].
- 2.Statistics Lithuania (2008). Sustainable Development indicators. Department of statistics to the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, Internet access: <http://www.stat.gov.lt/uploads/docs/Darnus_vystymasis_2006_internetui.pdf>, [viewed 2008 10 25].
- 3.Statistics Lithuania (2007). Economic and Social Development in Lithuania. Vilnius, 179 p.Google Scholar
- 4.Statistics Lithuania (2007). Statistical yearbook of Lithuania, Department of statistics to the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, Vilnius. Internet access: <http://www.stat.gov.lt/>, [viewed 2008 09 10].
- 5.Statistics Lithuania (2008). The main indicators of Employment of Lithuania by type of activity. Internet access: <http://www.stat.gov.lt/lt/pages/view/?id=2407>, [viewed 2008 09 11].
- 6.Map of Lithuania. Internet access: <http://atlas.mapquest.com/atlas/?region=lithunia>, [viewed 2008 09 25].
- 7.Vitalija Rudzkiene, Marija Burinskiene. Information Models for Assessment and Management of Development Trends. Summary of analysis in English. Whole book titled: Pletros krypciu vertinimo ir valdymo informaciniai modeliai (in Lithuanian). Vilnius: Technika, 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.National report on Sustainable Development. From transition to sustainable development. The republic of Lithuania. Vilnius 2002. p. 147.Google Scholar