VISUALIZATION OF VIRTUAL PLANT BASED ON 3D MODEL CONVERTER
We present a method based on a 3D model converter to simulate the development of virtual plant. The converter is mainly used to import the plant organs which have fine details into the virtual plant development system, then communicating with the L-system to implement the simulation of the development of plants controlled by the physiology of plant. It improves the virtual effect that carried out by the former systems which only take into account the geometric model.
KeywordsOrgan Character World Space Computer College Production List Virtual Plant
- J. Weber, J. Penn, Creation and rendering of realistic trees, Computer graphics proceedings, Annual conference series, 1995:119–128Google Scholar
- Ma Xinming, Yang Juan, Xiong Shuping, et al. Reality and prospect of the virtual plant, Research of crop, 2003, 17(3):48–151(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- P. De Reffye, J. Leroux, Study on plant growth behaviors simulated by the function-structural plant moedel-Greelab, Plant growth modeling and applications proceedings, 2003: 118–128Google Scholar
- P. Prusinkiewicz, A. Lindenmayer, The algorithmic beauty of plants, Springer-verlag, 1990Google Scholar
- P. Prusinkiewicz, J. Hannan, Lindenmayer systems, Fractals and plants, 1989Google Scholar