THE EXPLOITATION OF WEBGIS BASED ON ARCGISSERVER AND AJAX
It is an important to offer a user friendly interface in WebGIS. Excellent map services can be offered by ArcGIS Server. Butthe problem that the client fetches some data on a Web page from the server quickly is not solved well by ArcGIS Server, Ajax technology can overcome it. When getting large amount of data from server, It takes long time to parse the data for Ajax. To the study"Beijing Age-old Trees Management System", the paper gives methods to solve two problems. Experiments show that the methods are feasible.
KeywordsGeographic Information System User Friendly Interface Query Response Time Geographic Information System Framework Tree Management System
- Ajax (programming). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX. 2008.
- ArcGIS Server Administrator and Developer Guide. http://www.adaptivepath.com/ideas/essays/archives/000385.php. 2005.
- Jesse James Garrett. Ajax: A New Approach to Web Applications.Google Scholar
- Jia Qinglei. Knowing ArcGIS Server. China Communication. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Kang Ling, Fu Junfeng, Wang Huaiqing, Cai Jinsong. Development of WebGIS Based on ArcGIS Server. Water Resources and Power. 2007, 25(1): 26–29. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhao Zili, Wang Donghua, Zhou Xiaoguang. The Exploitation of WebGIS Based on Net, ArcObjects And ArcGIS Server. Yao Gan Xin Xi. 2007, (1): 76–80. (in Chinese)Google Scholar