The enthusiasm of our contributing authors and their convincing messages have demonstrated the great potential of advances in information quality, analytics, and visualization to improve the quality of information-based decision making. We, the editors and the contributing authors, hope that this book will have some impact on the practice of managers and technical personnel immediately upon its publication and in the years to come.
KeywordsCloud Computing Data Integration Information Quality Transitive Closure Latent Semantic Indexing
- Cardinal J (2002) Quantization with an information-theoretic distortion measure. Technical Report 491, ULBGoogle Scholar
- Dean J, Ghemawat S (2004) MapReduce: Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters, OSDI’04: Sixth Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation, San Francisco, CA.Google Scholar
- Ghemawat S, Gobioff H, Leung S (2003) The Google File System, 19th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Lake George, NY.Google Scholar
- Gruman G (2008) What Cloud Computing Really Means, InfoWorld, http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/04/07/15FE-cloud-computing-reality_1.html, retrieved 2009.
- Kountchev R, Milanova M, Todorov Vl, Kountcheva R (Feb. 2007) Multiple audio Watermarking with Spectrum Pyramid. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) pp. 191-200Google Scholar
- Patterson D (2008) The Data Center is the Computer, Communications of the ACM, January, 2008, Vol. 51 No. 1.Google Scholar
- Pedro JM, Purdy PH, Vasconcelos N (2004) A Kullback-Leibler divergence based kernel for SVM classification in multimedia application. In: Thrun S, Saul L, Scholkopf B (eds) Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 16, MIT Press, Cambridge, MAGoogle Scholar
- Rouch W (2007) “Second Earth.” Technology Review, July/August, pp. 39–48.Google Scholar
- Talburt, J., Morgan, C., Talley, T. and Archer, K. (2005) Using Commercial Data Integration Technologies to Improve the Quality of Anonymous Entity Resolution in the Public Sector. 10th International Conference on Information Quality, Cambridge, MA, 133-142.Google Scholar
- Tomlin, C. (1990) Geographic Information Systems And Cartographic Modeling, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Wang, R.Y., Madnick, S.E. (1989) The Inter-database Instance Identification Problem in Integrating Autonomous Systems. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Data Engineering, 46-55.Google Scholar