Image Watermarking Based on Pyramid Decomposition with CH Transform
The new method for digital image watermarking , presented in this chapter, could be used for intellectual property right protection of digital still images of any kind (natural, scanned documents, computer graphics, etc.). The method is suitable for distance learning applications; access control for medical or biometric information in corresponding databases; detection of forgeries and illegal distribution of electronic or scanned documents; data hiding in medical, cartographic, and other images; authorized contents editing; etc.
KeywordsWatermark Image JPEG Compression Hide Data Difference Matrix Watermark Extraction
This work was supported by the National Fund for Scientific Research of the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science (Contract VU-I -305/07) and the US-Bulgarian project in the Science of Learning, National Academy of Science, USA.
Special thanks to the Laboratory for Image and Sound Processing of the Technical University of Sofia – Bulgaria, which provided the test images from their own database.
- Arnold M, Schmucker M, Wolthusen ST (2003) Techniques and Applications of Digital Watermarking and Content Protection. Artech House.Google Scholar
- Barni M, Bartolini F (2004) Watermarking Systems Engineering: Enabling Digital Assets Security and Other Applications. Marcel Dekker.Google Scholar
- Cox I, Miller M, Bloom J (2002) Digital Watermarking. Morgan-Kaufmann, San Francisco.Google Scholar
- Furht B (2006) Multimedia Watermarking Techniques and Applications (Internet and Communications Series). Auerbach.Google Scholar
- Katzenbeisser S, Petitcolas F (2000) Information Hiding Techniques for Steganography and Digital Watermarking. Artech House.Google Scholar
- Kountchev R, Milanova M, Ford C, Rubin S (2003) Multimedia Watermarking with Complex Hadamard Transform in the Inverse Pyramid Decomposition. Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Intern. Conf. on Information Reuse and Integration, USA pp. 305-310.Google Scholar
- Kountchev R, Milanova M, Ford C, Kountcheva R (2005) Multi-layer Image Transmission with Inverse Pyramidal Decomposition. In: Computational Intelligence for Modelling and Predictions, S. Halgamuge, L. Wang (Eds.), Vol. 2, Chapter No 13, Springer-Verlag, pp. 179-196.Google Scholar
- Kountchev R, Todorov Vl, Kountcheva R, Milanova M (2006) Lossless Compression of Biometric Images and Digital Watermarking with IDP Decomposition. WSEAS Trans. on Signal Processing Vol. 2 pp. 684-691.Google Scholar
- Kountchev R, Milanova M, Todorov Vl, Kountcheva R (2007) Multiple audio Watermarking with Spectrum Pyramid. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) pp. 191-200.Google Scholar
- Kountchev R, Todorov Vl, Kountcheva R (2007) Compression and Contents Protection of Images, Texts and Graphics for Distance Learning Applications. Proc. of the 6th WSEAS Intern. Conf. on Signal Processing, Robotics and Automation, Greece pp. 83-90.Google Scholar
- Mironov R, Kountchev R, Mirchev V (2007) Ordered Complex Hadamard Transform of Images. XLII Intern. Scientific Conf. on Information, Communication and Energy Systems and Technologies (ICEST’07) Macedonia pp. 369-372.Google Scholar
- O’Ruanaidh J, Dowling W, Boland F (1996) Phase Watermarking of Digital Images. In: Proceedings of Int. Conf. on Image Processing Vol. 3, Sept, pp. 239-242.Google Scholar