A Validation Process for Predicting Stratagemical Behavior Patterns of Powerful Leaders in Conflict
As a subset of small group population beliefs, the emergent behaviors of powerful leaders in conflict with one another were modeled. Inputs to the model came from various news feeds that when ingested into the model, built evidence for the beliefs. The construction and execution of the leader belief model, a new predictive model validation process, and the implications are addressed.
KeywordsSubject Matter Expert Bayesian Belief Network Conflict Event Social Computing Powerful Leader
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lennox, MG R. (2007). Modeling and Simulation in an Era of Persistent Conflict., Headquarters, Department of the Army G-3/5 Strategic Plans, Concepts, & Doctrine Division.Google Scholar
- 2.US Army Posture Statement. Retrieved on August 14, 2008 from http://www.army.mil/aps/08/information_papers/prepare/Persistent_Conflict.html.
- 3.Geren, P., Gen. Casey, G.W., Jr. (2008). A Statement on the Posture of the united States Army 2008). 2nd Session, 110th congress, Feb. 26, 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.West Point Senior Conference XLV. West Point, NY. Retrieved on July 4, 2008 from (http://www.dean.usma.edu/departments/sosh/seniorconf/.
- 5.Geddes, N.D. and Atkinson, M.L. (2008). An approach to modeling group behaviors and beliefs in conflict situations. In Social Computing, Behavioral Modeling, and Prediction. Eds. H. Liu, J.J. Salerno, M.J. Young; Springer, New York, pp. 46–56.Google Scholar
- 6.Geddes, N.D. (1997). Large scale models of cooperative and hostile intentions. Proceedings of IEEE Computer Society International Conference and Workshop (ECBS'97), Monterey, CA.Google Scholar
- 7.Geddes, N.D. (1994). A model for intent interpretation for multiple agents with conflicts. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, SMC-94. San Antonio, TX.Google Scholar
- 8.Kem, J.D. Colonel (2007). Understanding the Operation Environment: The Expansion of DIME. April–June. University of Military Intelligence.Google Scholar
- 9.Mattis, Gen. J.N. (2008). USJCOM Commander's Guidance for Effects-Based Operations. Memorandum for US Joint Forces Command. August 14, 2008.Google Scholar
- 10.Phillips, C.L., Geddes, N., and Kanareykin, S. (2008). A Balanced Approach for LLOs Using Group Dynamics for COIN Efficacy. Proceedings of the 2nd International Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics Conference, July 14–17, Las Vegas NV.Google Scholar
- 11.Phillips, C.L., Geddes, N., and Crosscope, J. (2008). Bayesian Modeling using Belief Nets of Perceived Threat Levels Affected by Stratagemical Behavior Pattern. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Cultural Computational Dynamics, Sept 15–16, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- 12.Dyer, D. E. (2004). The Reflex PMESII Model. Active Computing. Retrieved on August 14, 2008 from http://www.activecomputing.org/papers.html.