Grid Technologies for Cancer Research in the ACGT Project
The ACGT project focuses on the domain of cancer research with the ultimate objective to design, development and validation of an integrated grid-enabled platform supporting post-genomic, multi-centric clinical trials on cancer.
The purpose of this paper is to describe the role of grid technologies in the ACGT environment. The paper gives details on the grid-related parts of the ACGT system architecture and its advantages, e.g. a unified authorization framework.
In addition, two examples on how the grid environment is used within ACGT are presented: the oncosimulator, which is a standalone application that requires a lot of computational power to simulate tumor growth, and the GridR toolkit, which is a grid-enabled version of well known R environment
KeywordsSecurity Policy Grid Environment Grid Service Grid Infrastructure Grid Technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ACGT (EU): http://eu-acgt.org/
- Gridge Toolkit: http://www.gridge.org
- Globus Toolkit: http://www.globus.org
- R environment: http://www.r-project.org/
- P. Farmer, H. Bonnefoi, V. Becette, M. Tubiana-Hulin, P. Fumoleau, D. Larsimont, G. Macgrogan, J. Bergh, D. Cameron, D. Goldstein, S. Duss, AL. Nicoulaz, C. Brisken, M. Fiche, M., R. Iggo, ?Identification of molecular apocrine breast tumours by microarray analysis?, Oncogene, 24, pp. 4660–4671, 2005CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- D. Wegener, T. Sengstag, S. Sfakianakis, S. Rping, A. Assi, ?GridR: An R-based gridenabled tool for data analysis in ACGT clinico-genomics trials?, Proc. Of the 3rd IEEE In ternational Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing, pp.228–234, 2007Google Scholar