CMS Computing Operations at INFN-CNAF with Castor MSS
The CMS experiment is preparing for the real LHC data handling by building and testing its Computing Model in periodic challenges of increasing scale and complexity. INFN-CNAF is one of 7 national level Tier-1 centres playing a key role in the management and distribution of the CMS experiment data. During the last years, leveraging on the feedback of various computing challenges, a great effort was spent in defining and commissioning INFN-CNAF services and operations in order to support CMS activities. In particular, the data management operations on a Castor MSS system where widely tested. This note describes the setup of Castor MSS at CNAF. In particular, the results of the tests performed during the phase-1 of CCRC’08 (Common-VO Computing Readiness Challenge 2008) are reported and discussed.
KeywordsTransfer Test Mass Storage Disk Storage Tape Drive Storage Resource Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- The CMS Collaboration, “The CMS Computing Model”, CERN LHCC 2004-035Google Scholar
- The CMS Collaboration, “The CMS Computing Project - Technical Design Report”, CERN-LHCC-2005-023Google Scholar
- D. Bonacorsi et al, “WLCG Service Challenges and Tiered architecture in the LHC era”, IFAE, Pavia, April 2006Google Scholar
- Castor software: http://castor.web.cern.ch/castor/
- G. Lo Re et al, “Storage resources management and access at CNAF Tier-1”, ACAT'05 Conference, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. NIM-A 559 (2006) 62–66Google Scholar
- Storage Resource Management (SRM) project website, http://sdm.lbl.gov/indexproj.php?ProjectID=SRM
- T. Barrass et al, “Software agents in data and workflow management”, in Proc. CHEP04, Interlaken, 2004. See also http://www.fipa.org