Interoperability between gLite and GOS
Interoperability among different grid middlewares with different architectures is not a trivial task, i.e. gLite, used in European grid infrastructure EGEE, and GOS, used in the Chinese grid infrastructure CNGRID infrastructure. But it’s necessary in order to extend the European GRID infrastructure for e-Science to China and vice verse. The aim of our work is to facilitate scientific data transfer and processing in a first sample of scientific communities that have already strong collaborations between Europe and China. The interoperability between gLite and GOS middlewares and, then, the interconnection between EGEE and CNGRID infrastructures, is fundamental to achieve this goal.
This paper presents the interoperability solution adopted during our work, including job submission, data transfer, and information services. The prototype implementation of a gateway for achieving interoperability is discussed and preliminary results are also presented.
KeywordsGrid Infrastructure Resource Management System Resource Broker Grid Middlewares Data Interoperability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Foster and C. Kesselman. “The Grid: blueprint for a new Computing Infrastructure”, Book, Ed. Morkan Kauffman, 1997.Google Scholar
- I. Foster, C. Kesselman and S. Tueckle, “The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations”, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2150, 2001.Google Scholar
- A. Shoshani, A. Sim, J. Gu, “Storage Resource Managers: Middleware Components for Grid Storage”, in Proceedings of the Nineteenth IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage Systems, 2002.Google Scholar
- Storage Resource Management (SRM) Working Group: http://sdm.lbl.gov/srm-wg/
- Grid Security Infrastructure (GSI): http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/4.0/security/key-index.html
- EGEE project web site: http://public.eu-egee.org/
- EU e-Infrastructures web site: http://www.einfrastructures.org/
- gLite project web site: http://www.glite.org
- Grid INFN Laboratory for Dissemination Activities (GILDA) web site: https://gilda.ct.infn.it
- BDII (Berkeley Database Information Index):Google Scholar
- Generic Information provider (GIP): http://vdt.cs.wisc.edu/components/gip.html
- JSDL (Job Submission Description Language): http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.56.pdf
- GridSAM-Grid Job Submission and Monitoring Web Service: http://gridsam.sourceforge.net/2.0.1/index.html
- IoC (Inversion of Control): http://martinfowler.com/articles/injection.html
- Matt Welsh, David Culler and Eric Brewer, “SEDA:An Architecture for Well-Conditioned, Scalable Internet Services”, in Proceedings of the Eighteenth Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP-18)Google Scholar
- EUChinaGrid project web site:www.euchinagrid.org
- K. Harrison, R. W. L. Jones, D. Liko and C. L. Tan “Distributed analysis in the ATLAS experiment,” Proc. AHM Conf., 2006Google Scholar
- Grønager, M., et al.: LCG and ARC middleware interoperability. In: Proceedings of Computing in High Energy Physics (CHEP 2006), Mumbai, India (2006)Google Scholar
- Hidemoto Nakada, Hitoshi Sato, et al: Job invocation interoperability between NAREGI Middleware Beta and gLite. HPC Asia'07, SEOUL, Korea (2007)Google Scholar
- Bracco G., Migliori S., et al, “The gateway approach providing EGEE/gLite access to non-standard architectures”, EGEE Technical Note EGEE-TR-2007-001Google Scholar
- Wang, Yongjian, Scardaci, Diego, et al: Interconnect EGEE and CNGRID e-Infrastructures through Interoperability between gLite and GOS Middlewares, Page 553–560, Proceedings of the Third IEEE International Conference on e-Science and Grid ComputingGoogle Scholar
- Open Grid Forum Grid Interoperation Now Community Group. https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/gin.