Law Brings Communication Challenges
The new health care law promises to bestow upon us much more information about the American medical system, or as government planners say, make it more transparent.
KeywordsHealth Literacy Health Care Reform Nutritional Label American Medical System Calorie Count
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AHRQ.gov. “Low Health Literacy Linked to Higher Risk of Death and More Emergency Room Visits and Hospitalizations.” Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, March 28, 2011. www.ahrq.gov/news/press/pr2011/lowhlitpr. htm.Google Scholar
- Bompey, Nanci. “Bill Seeks to Limit Scope of ACA Menu Labeling Requirements Ahead of Rule.” InsideHealthPolicy.com, July 25, 2012.Google Scholar
- Boodman, Sandra G. “Helping Patients Understand Their Medical Treatment.” Kaiser Health News, March 1, 2011. www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2011/ march/01/Health-Literacy-Understanding-Medical-Treatment.aspx.Google Scholar
- CDC.gov. “US Obesity Trends by State 1985–2009.” Centers for Disease Control. www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html. Last modified August 2012.Google Scholar
- Drummond, Kate. “Hidden Health Care Clause: Menu Labels Go National.” AolNews.com, March 22, 2010. www.aolnews.com/2010/03/22/hiddenhealth-care-clause-menu-labels-go-national/.Google Scholar
- Health.gov. “National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy.” US Department of Health and Human Services, June 28, 2010. www.health.gov/communication/ HLActionPlan/.Google Scholar
- HHS.gov. “HHS Releases National Plan to Improve Health Literacy.” US Department of Health and Human Services, May 27, 2010. www.hhs.gov/ash/ news/20100527.html.Google Scholar
- 1. “Medicare Payment and Volume Data.” US Department of Health and Human Services. www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov. Last modified July 19, 2012.Google Scholar
- Medicare.gov. “Home Health Compare.” US Department of Health and Human Services. www.medicare.gov/HomeHealthCompare/search.aspx. Last modified July 19, 2012.Google Scholar
- Moore, Cynthia A. “PPACA Update: Summary of Benefits for a Group Helath Plan.” Dickinson Wright PLLC, April 17, 2012.Google Scholar
- Somers, Stephen A., and Roopa Mahadevan. Health Literacy Implications of the Affordable Care Act. Hampton, NJ: Center for Health Care Strategies Inc., 2010.Google Scholar
- Vaida, Bara. “Calorie Labeling for Restaurant Recommendations Coming Soon.” Kaiser Health News, March 6, 2011. www.kaiserhealthnews.org/ Stories/2011/March/07/menu-labeling.aspx.Google Scholar
- WCSR.com. “FDA Expediting Menu Labeling Implementation and Enforcement.” Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC. August 29, 2010. www.wcsr.com/client-alerts/fda-expediting-menu-labeling-implementationand-enforcement.Google Scholar
© Dave Parks 2012