The Right to Have Our Say Before You Form a Union
No company is a perfect employer. We know that employees gripe to each other. We know that they complain about how much they make, how many hours they work, how much of a jerk that supervisor is, and how stupid the work rules are. And, from time to time, they even mention that most dreaded of five letter words—union.
KeywordsLabor Union Concerted Activity General Counsel National Labor Relation Board National Labor Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.351 N.L.R.B. 1110(2007).Google Scholar
- 2.NLRB General Counsel Memo No. 08-07 (may 15, 2008).Google Scholar
- 3.Steven Greenhouse, “Company Accused of Firing Over Facebook post,” http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/09/business/09facebook.html, November 8, 2010.
- 4.See NLRB Office of the General Counsel Division of Operations-Management, Memorandum OM 11–74, p. 5 (Aug. 18, 2011).Google Scholar
- 5.These facts are pulled from the Aug. 18, 2011, NLRB Office of the General Counsel Division of Operations-Management, Memorandum OM11–74, which discusses the case anonymously.Google Scholar
- 6.ALJ Decision, Case No. 3-CA-27872, p. 8 (Sept. 2, 2011).Google Scholar
- 7.358 NLRB No. 164 (Sept. 28, 2012).Google Scholar
- 8.2011 NLRB LEXIS 554, *8 (N.L.R.B. Sept. 28, 2011).Google Scholar
- 10.Case No. 05-CA-036658 (Nov. 14, 2011).Google Scholar
- 12.Case No. 26-CA-063082 (Nov. 22, 2011).Google Scholar
- 14.Case No. 15-CA-061204 (Dec. 1, 2011).Google Scholar
- 16.Case No. 27-CA-065577 (Dec. 6, 2011).Google Scholar
- 18.Case No. 02-CA-060476 (Oct. 13, 2011).Google Scholar
- 20.See Lenape Prods., 283 NLRB 178 (1987).Google Scholar
- 21.See Starbucks Corp., 354 NLRB No. 99 (2005).Google Scholar
- 22.See Texas Dental Assoc., 354 NLRB No. 57 (N.L.R.B. 2009).Google Scholar
- 23.357 NLRB No. 25 (n.l.r.B. 2011)Google Scholar
- 24.Id. at p. 1.Google Scholar