At a young age, I lived very close to my grandmothers and I used to visit them often. Both of my grandmothers were very skilled in textile handcrafts and, along with my mother, were firm believers that sewing is one of those basic skills that everyone should know. One grandmother was amazing at crocheting and needlepoint, and the other one was very skilled in weaving and loved quilting. I’ve been very interested in everything practical and artistic since I was young, and my grandmothers were patient enough to teach me their skills.
KeywordsWearable Computer Wearable Computing Firm Believer Embed Technology Arduino Board
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antonio Guerrero, Jose. New Fashion and Design Technologies. London, UK: A&C Black Publishers, 2010.Google Scholar
- Igoe, Tom. Making Things Talk. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media, 2011.Google Scholar
- Lee, Suzanne. Fashioning the Future. London, UK: Thames and Hudson, 2005.Google Scholar
- Lewis, Alison. Switch Craft. New York: Potter Craft, 2008.Google Scholar
- Olsson, Tony, et al. Open Softwear. Blushing Boy Publishing. 2011.Google Scholar
- Pakhchyan, Syuzi. Fashioning Technology. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly Media, 2008.Google Scholar
- San Martin, Macarena. Future Fashion. Barcelona, Spain: Promopress, 2010.Google Scholar