Between 2000 and 2010, world oil prices advanced from approximately $25 per barrel to more than $100 per barrel. The price appreciation of oil over the decade was around ten times the rate of inflation.
KeywordsEnergy Information Administration Energy Information Administration Global Peak Power Play West Texas Intermediate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- i.Marion K. Hubbert, “Nuclear Energy and the Fossil Fuels” (presented at the Spring Meeting of the Southern District, Division of Production, American Petroleum Institute, San Antonio, TX, March 7, 1956), Drilling and Production Practice (1956): 22–27, available at www.hubbertpeak.com /hubbert/1956/1956.pdf.Google Scholar
- ii.Energy Information Administration (EIA), Crude Oil Production, July 28, 2011, www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_crd_crpdn_adc_mbbl_a.htm.Google Scholar
- iii.Ibid.Google Scholar
- iv.EIA, Crude Oil Proved Reserves, Reserves Changes, and Production, December 30, 2010, www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_crd_pres_dcu_NUS_a.htm.Google Scholar
- v.Ibid.Google Scholar
- vi.Robert Hirsch, Robert Bezdek, and Robert Wendling, “Peaking of World Oil Production: Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management” (commissioned by DOE NETL), February 2005, www.netl.doe.gov/energy-analyses/pubs /Oil_Peaking_NETL.pdf.Google Scholar
- vii.Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), “Report on the Risks and Impacts of a Potential Future Decline in Oil Production,” June 1, 2009, www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/What%20we%20do/Global%20climate%20cha nge%20and%20energy/International%20energy/energy%20security/1790-decc-report-2009-oil-decline.pptx.Google Scholar
- viii.U.S. Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM), “The Joint Operating Environment 2010,” February 18, 2010, www.fas.org/man/eprint /joe2010.pdf.Google Scholar
- ix.Stefan Schultz, “Military Study Warns of a Potentially Drastic Oil Crisis,” Spiegel Online (International edition), September 1, 2010, www.spiegel.de /international/germany/0,1518,715138,00.html.Google Scholar
- x.Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency, History Database of the Global Environment, “Global Oil Production” (Excel table), accessed January 20, 2012, available for download at http://themasites.pbl.nl/en/themasites /hyde/productiondata/oil/index.html.Google Scholar
- xi.BP, BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2011, www.bp.com/ sectionbodycopy.do?categoryId=7500&contentId=7068481.Google Scholar