This chapter explains the concepts of project portfolio analysis. It ends with a real-time case from a Fortune 500 company. I have noted frequently in this book that big corporations may have hundreds of legacy applications. Many of these organizations are still using obsolete technologies and outdated business processes that don’t represent fast-changing business realities. Often, nobody in the IT department knows the exact inventory or functionalities of these applications.
KeywordsBusiness Process Portfolio Management Enterprise Resource Planning Enterprise Resource Planning System Project Portfolio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kadre, Shailendra, Laxmi Narayan Sahu, and Radhika Unni. Fusion of Project and Portfolio Management Processes to Achieve Optimum Cost Levels. Bangalore, India: Project Management Practitioner’s Conference, 2006.Google Scholar
- Wyzocki, Robert K. and Rudd McGary. Effective Project Management, 3rd ed. New Delhi, India: Wiley Dreamtech India Pvt. Ltd., 2003.Google Scholar
- Proceedings of Satyam Project Managers Conference, Hyderabad, India: Satyam Learning Center, 2004.Google Scholar
- Gartner, Research Papers on IT Portfolio Management, http://www.gartner.com.
- CIO, IT portfolio management articles and white papers, http://www.cio.com.
- Datz, Todd, “Portfolio Management Done Right,” http://corporateportfoliomanagement.org/article-29-Portfolio-Management-Done-Right.