It is the era of business transformation. In an attempt to reduce operating costs, companies are consolidating and streamlining their IT organizations. Efficient processes can help not just streamline IT, they streamline the business as well. Lean and efficient processes are the primary goals, whereas IT is just an implementation tool, as usual. In this chapter, I won—t go deep into the mechanics of how to do business process reengineering (BPR), but I will discuss business transformation from a strategic angle that is very important for business and technology executives — and those who want to rise in the IT ranks.
KeywordsBusiness Process Enterprise Resource Planning Enterprise Resource Planning System Product Service System Site Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wikipedia, “Business Process,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_process.
- Grover, Varun and William J. Kettinger. Business Process Change: Reengineering Concepts, Methods, and Technologies. Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing, 2010.Google Scholar
- Weicher, Maureen, et al., “Business Process Reengineering Analysis and Recommendations,” http://www.slideshare.net/Timothy212/business-process-reengineering-3917082.
- Nilakant, V., and S. Ramnarayan. Managing Organisational Change. Sage Publications, March 2001.Google Scholar
- Gartner, Gartner research data on Business Processes, http://www.gartner.com/technology/home.asp