Health Care Reform’s First Ups, Downs
Some aspects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 started like a stumble-rama.
KeywordsObesity Insurance Coverage Income Expense Smoke
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Armstrong, Drew. “McDonald’s, 29 Other Firms Get Health Care Coverage Waivers.” Bloomberg Business News, October 7, 2010.Google Scholar
- Brudereck, Jason. “Understanding Health Care Reform Phase One.” Reading Eagle (PA), September 23, 2010.Google Scholar
- Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Closing the Prescription Drug Coverage Gap. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 2010.Google Scholar
- Cutter, Stephanie. Voices of Health Care Reform: James’s Story. Washington, DC: White House Office of the Press Secretary, 2011.Google Scholar
- Goldstein, Amy. “Study: 129 Million Have Pre-Existing Conditions.” Washington Post, January 18, 2011.Google Scholar
- HealthCare.gov. “A New Day for American Consumers.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/overview.html, 2010.
- -. “New Medicare Benefits for 2011.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/new_medicare_benefits.html, 2011.
- -. “New Plan Options for Federally Administered Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan in 2011.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/new_plan_options_2011.html, 2011.
- Hoover, Kent. “Uncertainty Surrounds Health Care Repeal.” Business Journal of Portland, January 28, 2011.Google Scholar
- How, Sabrina et al. Scoring a Healthy Future: The Commonwealth Fund Scorecard on Child Health System Performance, 2011. New York, NY: The Commonwealth Fund, 2011.Google Scholar
- KFF.org. “Expanding Medicaid to Low-Income Childless Adults under Health Reform: Key Lessons from State Experiences.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kff.org/medicaid/upload/8087.pdf, 2010.
- Kliff, Sarah and J. Lester Feder. “Child-Only Health Plans Endangered.” Politico.com. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/48299.html, 2011.
- Kumar, Kavita. “Tanning Owners Do Slow Burn Over Tax.” St. Louis Post-Dispatch, July 1, 2010.Google Scholar
- NCSL.org. “Covering Young Adults Through Their Parents’ or Guardians’ Health Policy.” National Conference of State Legislatures. http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14497, 2010.
- O’Brien, James. “Health Discount Scams Targeting Those Seeking Low-Cost Insurance.” WalletPop.com. http://www.walletpop.com/2011/03/07/health-discount-scams-targeting-those-seeking-low-cost-insurance/, March 7, 2011.
- Perera, Isabela. State by State Numbers—Who is Vulnerable if the Affordable Care Act is Dismantled. East Lansing, MI: States News Service, 2011.Google Scholar
- Roan, Shari. “Indoor Tanning May Be Addictive.” Los Angeles Times, April 20, 2010.Google Scholar
- RWJF.org. “Small Business Tax Credits.” Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. http://www.rwjf.org/coverage/product.jsp?id=71700, 2011.
- Saint Louis, Catherine. “You’re Going to Pay for That Tan.” New York Times, December 22, 2009.Google Scholar
- Seltz, Rhonda. “Insurance Companies Shun Healthy Kids.” Roanoke Times, December 20, 2010.Google Scholar
- Suchetka, Diane. “Keeping Up With Health Care Reform.” Cleveland Plain Dealer, February 7, 2011.Google Scholar
- Vasely, Rebecca. “High Risk, High Demand; $5 Billion Pool Opening in Some States.” Modern Healthcare, July 26, 2010.Google Scholar
- -. “Ready to Jump In? States Advancing Plans for High-Risk Insurance Pools, But Not Everyone is Ready—or Willing—to Make the Dive.” Modern Healthcare, May 31, 2010.Google Scholar
- Yin, Sandra. Enrollees in High-Risk Insurance Pools Double to 10,000. Washington, DC: FierceMarkets Inc., 2011.Google Scholar
© Dave Parks 2011