Americans have been reforming their health care system for more than 75 years, experimenting with treatments, payment methods, and administration. Some of these experiments have worked; others have failed.
KeywordsVeteran Affair Health Care Reform Federal Poverty Level Undocumented Immigrant Indoor Tanning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BarackObama.com. “Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s Plan to Lower Health Care Costs and Ensure Affordable, Accessible Health Coverage for All.” 2010.Google Scholar
- BCBS.com. “History of Blue Cross Blue Shield.” BlueCross BlueShield Association. http://www.bcbs.com/about/history/.
- Corning, Peter A. “The Evolution of Medicare.” Social Security Administration. http://www.ssa.gov/history/corning.html, 1969.
- KFF.org. “Glossary of Key Health Reform Terms.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/7909.pdf, 2008.
- -. “Summary of New Health Care Reform Law.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kff.org/healthreform/8061.cfm, 2010.
- -. “The Uninsured: A Primer.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kff.org/uninsured/7451.cfm, 2009.
- Meyer, Bill. “National Health Care Debate Goes Back to Theodore Roosevelt Plan in 1912.” Cleveland Plain Dealer. http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2009/08/national_health_care_debate_ha.html, 2009.
- Montopoli, Brian. “White House Releases Letter From Cancer Patient Natoma Canfield.” CBSNews.com. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-6267519-503544.html, March 4, 2010.
- OpenCongress.org. “H.R. 3590 — Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Official Summary.” Sunlight Foundation. http://www.opencongress.org/bill/1 11-h3590/show, 2010.
- Reinhardt, Uwe E. “The Perennial Quest to Lower Health Care Spending.” New York Times. http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/the-perennial-quest-to-lower-health-care-spending/, September 24, 2010.
- RPC.Senate.gov. “H.R. 3590: The Quality, Affordable Health Care for All Americans Act.” Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2009.Google Scholar
- VA.gov. “VA History in Brief.” U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/archives/docs/history_in_brief.pdf
- White House. Remarks of President Barack Obama on Health Insurance Reform. Washington, DC: Office of the Press Secretary, 2010.Google Scholar
- Wolffe, Richard. Revival: The Struggle for Survival Inside the Obama White House. New York, NY: Crown, 2010.Google Scholar