Software systems, the applications and strategies on which your business depend today have become extraordinarily complex. For many organizations, the wide array of applications and tools to develop this software results in application architectures that can overwhelm the capabilities of many organizations to manage them.
KeywordsSimple Network Management Protocol Capability Maturity Model Integration Information Technology Infrastructure Library Software Development Life Cycle Software Life Cycle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wikipedia, “systems development life cycle,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_Development_Life_Cycle
- 3.Systems Thinking, “Root Cause Analysis,” www.systems-thinking.org/rca/rootca.htm
- 5.M. R. Nelson, “Breaking out of the IT Silo: The Integration Maturity Model,” http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ERB0506.pdf, March 15, 2005.
- 6.Wikipedia, “Capability Maturity Model Integration,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capability_Maturity_Model_Integration
- 8.Wikipedia, “metrics,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrics
- 9.Wikipedia, “operational intelligence,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_intelligence#Systems_management
- 10.Wikipedia, “UNIX process,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_process
- 11.Wikipedia, “component-based software engineering,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component-based_software_engineering
- 13.Wikipedia, “call stack,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_stack
- 15.Wikipedia, “capacity planning,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacity_planning
- 16.Wikipedia, “capacity management,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacity_management
- 18.Application and Application software are interchangeable. Wikipedia, “application software,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_software
- 25.Wikipedia, “ITIL,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITIL