Advertisement

Pro LINQ pp 345-385 | Cite as

Additional XML Capabilities

  • Adam Freeman
  • Joseph C. RattzJr.

Abstract

In the previous two chapters, we demonstrated how to create, modify, and traverse XML data with the LINQ to XML API. We also demonstrated the building blocks for creating powerful XML queries. We hope by now you would agree that LINQ to XML will handle about 90 percent of your XML needs, but what about the remaining 10 percent? Let’s see whether we can get that percentage higher. If Microsoft added schema validation, transformations, and XPath query capability, what percentage of your use cases would that achieve?

Keywords

Null Pointer Schema Information Child Element XPath Query Select Operator 
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.

Preview

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Copyright information

© Adam Freeman and Joseph C. Rattz, Jr. 2010

Authors and Affiliations

  • Adam Freeman
  • Joseph C. RattzJr.

There are no affiliations available

Personalised recommendations