What is your digital identity? I personally have at least 15 different identities, and it’s tedious as well as insecure to maintain usernames and passwords for every application. You can categorize such identities as critical, important, and less important based on the impact they may have not only on your digital life but also on your real life if you lose them. The critical ones are enterprise identities you may have with your company or partner companies (such as an Active Directory account) and financial identities with financial service providers like the firm that manages your 401K or IRA, online banks, and so on. The important ones are personal e-mail identities like Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, and Gmail. The less-important identities belong to social-networking and other web portal sites and can be reestablished without any effect if necessary.
KeywordsAccess Control Cloud Service Service Consumer Utility Company Identity Provider
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Federated Identity Primer. (n.d.). Retrieved from sourceid.org: www.sourceid.org/content/primer.cfm.Google Scholar
- Microsoft Corporation. (2009, 11 17). Identity Developer Training Kit (PDC 2009). Retrieved from Microsoft Download Center: www.microsoft.com/downloads/ details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c3e315fa-94e2-4028-99cb-904369f177c0.Google Scholar
- Microsoft Corporation. (n.d.). Identity Management (Geneva Framework). Retrieved from MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/security/aa570351.aspx.Google Scholar
- Microsoft Corporation. (n.d.). MSDN.NET Services Center. Retrieved from MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/netservices.aspx.Google Scholar
- Microsoft Corporation. (2009, 11 16). Windows Identity Foundation. Retrieved from Microsoft Download Center: www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=EB9C345F-E830-40B8-A5FEAE7A864C4D76& displaylang=en.Google Scholar
- Microsoft Corporation. (2009, 11 16). Windows Identity Foundation SDK. Retrieved from Microsoft Download Center: www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C148B2DF-C7AF-46BB-9162-2C9422208504&displaylang=en.Google Scholar
- Smith, J. (2009, November 14). ACS SAML / ADFS v2 Sample. Retrieved from Justin Smith’s Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/justinjsmith/default.aspx.Google Scholar