Application Lifecycle Management
Application Lifecycle Management. What do you think about when you hear that term? During the seminar tour I mentioned in the preface, we used to ask people what ALM was and if they cared about it. To my surprise, many people equated ALM with operations and maintenance. Maybe that was your answer as well? But think about it again. Application Lifecycle Management! Do esn’t that include more than just operations? Yes, it does. ALM is the thread that ties the development lifecycle together. It involves all the steps necessary to coordinate the development lifecycle activities. Operations are just one part of the ALM process.
KeywordsProject Portfolio Change Request Project Member Open Source Software Project Chief Information Officer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Carey Schwaber, Forrester Research, “The Changing Face of Application Lifecycle Management,”, 2006, www.serena.com.Google Scholar
- 2.Office of Government Commerce, ITIL Application Management (TSO, 2002).Google Scholar
- 3.Office of Government Commerce, ITIL Application Management.Google Scholar
- 4.Carey Schwaber, “The Changing Face of Application Lifecylle Management.”Google Scholar
- 5.Serena Software, “Application Lifecycle Management for the Enterprise,” April 2007, www.serena.com/solutions/alm-solutions/index.html.Google Scholar
- 6.Michael Azoff, “Application Lifecycle Management Making a Difference,” February 2007, Enterprise Networks and Services, OpinionWire.Google Scholar
- 7.“The Challenges of Software Change Management in Today’s Siloed IT Organization,” a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Serena Software, November 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.Carey Schwaber, “The Changing Face of Application Lifecycle Management.”Google Scholar
- 9.Kelly A. Shaw, “Application Lifecycle Management and PPM.”Google Scholar