Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.For an excellent read on the translation of languages, I strongly recommend Le Ton Beau De Marot: In Praise of the Music of Language by Douglas R. Hofstadter (Basic Books, 1997).Google Scholar
- 3.It’s not a trivial problem either—Chapter 6 will talk about what happens when you compile the code examples in this chapter.Google Scholar
- 4.See Section 4 of Partition I.Google Scholar
- 5.You’ll see the acronym IL used all the time in.NET circles. I will use the more complete acronym “CIL” in this book, but realize that in the context of.NET they both mean exactly the same thing.Google Scholar
- 6.ILDasm will always show dummy code labels for all CIL code, no matter what the code is doing.Google Scholar
- 7.This is one annoying thing about ILDasm—it doesn’t remember your choices from a previous usage, so you have to switch them all back on.Google Scholar
- 9.This is why ILDasm comments out things like token values; otherwise, it would be invalid CIL code that ILasm couldn’t compile.Google Scholar